How to Join the Glasgow Art Club
Today, the Glasgow Art Club continues to build on it's distinguished tradition and the unique qualities that are essential for maintaining membership value, as well as attracting new members who will share in our exciting vision for the future.
The main criteria we seek in new members are an active appreciation of the arts and a willingness to embrace club life in its ever-evolving form. Whilst we always encourage members to become involved in the Club’s events, we understand that many people seek solace from the usual chaos of city centre bars and restaurants. It is our aim to provide a relaxed, laid back and friendly atmosphere which you and your friends, family and colleagues can enjoy. It may even be worth mentioning at this point that we don’t have a dress code, and whilst we want to embrace the modern working practices, we do have quiet zones where we frown upon the use of mobile phones. Many have described us as an oasis of calm and we desire to continue as such. If you do not already know any members of the Club don’t worry – just contact us and we will be delighted to give you a tour and help process your application.
For membership enquiries please contact Jonathan Lord, club Secretary.
Download your application form for lay and non practising artist or corporate membership here and send in to us, you can call and collect an application form from the Club, or you can complete the on-line application form.
Whatever the weather, you are guaranteed to be met with a warm welcome and a friendly face.
Practising Artist Applications:
Glasgow Art Club welcomes applications from practising artists*. Practising artists may not apply via the online application but should be proposed and seconded by a current artist member. If you do not know any Members of the Club personally, arrangements can be made to introduce you to Members of the Club Council, who could meet you and consider your desire to join our Club as a practising artist.
(*Artist members shall comprise persons practising in the fine and applied Arts and other visual Arts, architects and designers, and persons engaged professionally in other creative performance work.)
Please note that candidates for Practising Artist Membership, as part of their application process, will be required to submit examples of their artwork which will be voted on by existing Artist Members. If you are a practising artist and you do not know a current Artist Member of the Club, you can contact the Club, by letter or telephone or you can use the Contact form on the Contact Page, selecting "Membership Enquiry" from the drop-down menu and we will get back to you to progress your application.
Entry Fees and Subscription Rates 2018-2019 (including VAT at 20%)
|Category of Member||Entry Fee|
(paid once at the time of joining)
(payment over 10 months)
Young Artist (under 35)
Young Lay (under 35)
Corporate Lay (first member)
Corporate Lay (additional members)
- Members may choose to pay by continuous credit or debit card authority over ten months.
- Subscriptions are due to be paid annually by 1 November. New members joining after the first month of the membership year will have their first year’s subscription apportioned accordingly. The Entry Fee is payable once only at the time of joining the Club.
- Artist members shall comprise persons practising in the fine and applied Arts and other visual Arts, architects and designers, and persons engaged professionally in other creative and performance work.
- Country members are defined as members who do not reside or have a place of business within a 40 mile radius of the Clubhouse.
- Retired members are defined as members who are aged over 60 and have retired from business.
- Corporate membership: any company, firm or other organisation may apply for corporate membership for a minimum of two of its senior persons as Corporate Lay members.
- Associate membership: the partner of any existing Artist or Lay member is eligible.
Download a copy of The Glasgow Art Club's 2017-2018 Entry Fees and Subscrition Rates