Do you like the sound of lower annual subscription fees? If the answer is ‘yes’, then read on!
The Council wishes to push membership fees back to a former time. It has been agreed that the best way to do this is through the establishment of a ‘Pairing System’ to encourage current members to recruit new members.
So, what is a ‘Pairing System’?
Essentially, a Pairing System is an arrangement whereby a discount is applied to the subscriptions payable by both the proposing member and the new member. This discount will apply for 24 months from the date of acceptance of the candidate’s application by the Council of the Club. This discount will be 25% for the proposing member and 50% for the new member.
From today, we are trialling the Pairing System for a period of two years. If the system is a success, then Council will review with the aim to maintain lower fees permanently.
If you would like to find out more please contact Jonathan Lord, email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- Existing Artist and Lay members may propose a candidate for membership of the Club as at present.
- A discount will be applied to the subscriptions payable by the proposing member and the new member. This will apply for 24 months from the date of acceptance of the candidate’s application by the Council of the Club. This discount will be 25% for the proposing member and 50% for the new member.
- To qualify for a discount, the proposing member must nominate a member in the same, or higher, subscription rate level as his/her own. For example, a Country member may nominate a Country or Town candidate, but may not nominate an Associate candidate. Other nominations will of course still be welcome, but will not qualify for a discount.
- This offer will not apply to former members being reinstated, unless their resignation was at least ten years before the date of application for reinstatement.
- Both the proposing member and the new member must remain members of the Club for the full 24-month period, failing which the full subscription rates will apply to the remaining member (if any).
- The proposing member may propose as many candidates as he/she wishes, but will only receive one 25% reduction in any membership year. Each candidate will receive a 50% discount for 24 months irrespective of the fact that his/her proposer may have nominated more than one candidate.
- Discounts for proposing members will not be backdated, and will be applied at the time of the issue of subscription notices for the two membership years following a successful nomination. This will apply even if the proposing member is paying a subscription in monthly instalments.
- In the case of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these conditions, the decision of the Council of the Club shall be final.