Information for Artist Members
Schedule of Exhibitions
Artist Members can have a listing in the Artists Directory of the Glasgow Art Club's website.
Full information and instructions can be found here.
Schedule of Artists’ Meetings
Artists’ meetings are scheduled to concur with the hanging of Members’ exhibitions thereby enabling those who attend to deliver their submitted work. The meetings serve to:
- update Artist Members with respect to the Club’s operations;
- enable Artist Members to discuss and consider the Club’s activities and facilities from an artist’s point of view;
- enable consideration and election of new artist members.
Unless stated otherwise all of the Artists’ meetings will be at 6:30 pm in the Main Gallery on the following dates:
- Mon 2 Mar
- Tue 9 Jun
- Tue 1 Sep
- Friday 13 Nov
Members' Exhibitions: Terms & Conditions of Display
Click to download: GAC Terms and Conditions of Display
GAC Benefits to artist members
- Being associated with one of the best art clubs in the United Kingdom with a long and distinguished history.
- Exposure to an extensive club membership, to meet potential patrons and sell their work.
- The opportunity to meet, converse and socialise with other artists and Lay members with a common interest in the promotion of art.
- Use of a fine ‘Victorian’ art studio and club in a prominent and central part of Glasgow.
- Lower commission rate on sales of art work 25% as opposed to 35% for all non club artist members.
- Can submit to council, for use of gallery space free of charge, i.e. group or one man show. They must be a paid member of the club for at least 2 years before they can be considered for non payment. They will be expected to gift a representative piece of their work to The Glasgow Art Clubs growing fine art collection.
- Elected club members can submit to all of the 4 seasonal exhibitions and also the Bar Gallery small works exhibitions throughout the year, according to Conditions and Terms in operation at that time.
- Can put their name forward for consideration to be a featured artist. The feature artist will have a designated space for hanging an example of their work with CV. In addition extra promotion through the club website and newsletter.
- They can have their work and CV constantly promoted through the clubs website and growing mailing list, giving them access to a larger worldwide clientele.