Schedule of Artists’ Meetings
Artists’ meetings are scheduled to concur with the hanging of Members’ exhibitions thereby enabling those who attend to deliver their submitted work. The meetings serve to:
- update Artist Members with respect to the Club’s operations;
- enable Artist Members to discuss and consider the Club’s activities and facilities from an artist’s point of view;
- enable consideration and election of new artist members.
Unless stated otherwise all of the Artists’ meetings will be at 6:30 pm in the Main Gallery on the following dates:
- Mon 2 Mar
- Tue 9 Jun
- Tue 1 Sep
- Friday 13 Nov
Members' Exhibitions: Terms & Conditions of Display
Click to download: GAC Terms and Conditions of Display
GAC Benefits to artist members
- Being associated with one of the best art clubs in the United Kingdom with a long and distinguished history.
- Exposure to an extensive club membership, to meet potential patrons and sell their work.
- The opportunity to meet, converse and socialise with other artists and Lay members with a common interest in the promotion of art.
- Use of a fine ‘Victorian’ art studio and club in a prominent and central part of Glasgow.
- Lower commission rate on sales of art work 25% as opposed to 35% for all non club artist members.
- Can submit to council, for use of gallery space free of charge, i.e. group or one man show. They must be a paid member of the club for at least 2 years before they can be considered for non payment. They will be expected to gift a representative piece of their work to The Glasgow Art Clubs growing fine art collection.
- Elected club members can submit to all of the 4 seasonal exhibitions and also the Bar Gallery small works exhibitions throughout the year, according to Conditions and Terms in operation at that time.
- Can put their name forward for consideration to be a featured artist. The feature artist will have a designated space for hanging an example of their work with CV. In addition extra promotion through the club website and newsletter.
- They can have their work and CV constantly promoted through the clubs website and growing mailing list, giving them access to a larger worldwide clientele.