‘Orchid & Mask’
The main body of Irene’s work consists predominately of oil on linen, of which the subject matter is still life, everyday domestic items, naturally observed through her own personal and imaginative perception.
This is a constant and continous development. Inspiration for her work is brought about by her love of colour, shapes and texture.
She achieved a Diploma in Graphic Design from West of Scotland University ,however but then chose to follow a different path, Fine Art, which has been mainly self taught .
She is an Artist member of Paisley Art Institute, Glasgow Society of Women Artists and the Glasgow Art Club.
She has exhibited widely in the UK including:
- LIME TREE GALLERY BRISTOL
- THOMPSONS GALLERY ALDEBURGH
- PAISLEY ART INSTITUTE
- WREN GALLERY BURFORD
- ENID LAWSON GALLERY LONDON
- GALLERY Q DUNDEE
- LEMOND GALLERY BEARSDEN
- MACLAURIN GALLERY AYR (GSWA)
- TORRANCE GALLERY EDINBURGH
- MORNINGSIDE GALLERY EDINBURGH
- ARTERIES GALLERY GLASGOW
- MIKE ADAM AWARD PAISLEY ART INSTITUTE 2006
- HOUSE FOR AN ART LOVER AWARD PAISLEY ART INSTITUTE 2020
- PRESIDENTS AWARD GLASGOW ART CLUB 2020