A recent finding of the scientific community is the effectiveness of bright light projector as a therapy for SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). This determined the rise in popularity of devices such as the SAD Lamp, commercialized as an efficient alternative to sunlight during the winter months and in indoor settings.
The artist found the fact very thought provoking as it stands as an example of how our society increasingly tends to medicalize mental health issues and to search for a cure in the field of technology and in the market.
These objects are an alternative version of the SAD lamp, that takes into consideration the power of colors and their immediate effect on our emotions and inner lives, and the impossibility of replacing the benefits of a real contact with the natural world.
Purchase or Enquire about this Artwork
To Purchase this Artwork - Select Purchase
- If this artwork is priced for sale including delivery it can be purchased by choosing ‘Purchase Artwork’ below.
- Please note, original artwork appearing in a current exhibition is not normally released until the end of the exhibition.
To Enquire about this Artwork - Select Enquiry
- Please submit an 'Enquiry’ or email email@example.com: -
- To ascertain the cost of international delivery.
- To enquire about availability or the cost of delivery if not included in the indicated price.