A mixed media box installation using an antique letterpress Type Tray as a container for artefacts from the 21st Century. The contents include miniature paintings on paper, numerous hand printed papers including etching and monotype, an assemblage of artifacts representing our current use of Earth’s resources. Plastic, Sugar, Animal products, fossil fuel. Will we save endangered animals, plants and aquatic life?
The aim of the work is to question whether these things will exist in 3021 and to imagine looking at this work in a Museum at this time. If climate change is allowed to continue through reckless use of resources; will we still be able to grow food, build a home play, create Art, Music and Literature? Will our children and grandchildren play games, learn to write by hand or will all play be virtual and indoors and learning be on a screen.
The optimist in me says it is possible to change for the better and a new era of altruism and caring will prevail.
Purchase or Enquire about this Artwork
To Purchase this Artwork - Select Purchase
- If this artwork is priced for sale including delivery it can be purchased by choosing ‘Purchase Artwork’ below.
- Please note, original artwork appearing in a current exhibition is not normally released until the end of the exhibition.
To Enquire about this Artwork - Select Enquiry
- Please submit an 'Enquiry’ or email email@example.com: -
- To ascertain the cost of international delivery.
- To enquire about availability or the cost of delivery if not included in the indicated price.