Peatland accounts for 3% of global land cover but store twice as much carbon as all the world’s forests. 20% of Scotland’s land cover is classified as peatland storing the equivalent of 140 years’ worth of Scotland’s current total annual greenhouse emissions. Undisturbed peatland therefore acts as an extremely effective carbon sink. Draining peatland for afforestation is consequently counter productive.
Purchase or Enquire about this Artwork
To Purchase this Artwork - Select Purchase
- If this artwork is priced for sale including delivery it can be purchased by choosing ‘Purchase Artwork’ below.
- Please note, original artwork appearing in a current exhibition is not normally released until the end of the exhibition.
To Enquire about this Artwork - Select Enquiry
- Please submit an 'Enquiry’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org: -
- To ascertain the cost of international delivery.
- To enquire about availability or the cost of delivery if not included in the indicated price.