Part of a pair, the paintings ‘Against Stripes’ and ‘Red Roses’ are still life inspired by Charles Rennie MacIntosh. After seeing ‘Making the Glasgow Style’ exhibition at Kelvingrove in 2018 and with sadness, seeing images of the GSA building engulfed in flames for the second time, I felt motivated to make a small homage. With his work in mind, in particular some of his beautiful watercolour studies of roses, I used a limited colour palette, thought about pattern and form both stylised and natural, and of course, his beautiful roses.
Purchase or Enquire about this Artwork
To Purchase this Artwork - Select Purchase
- If this artwork is priced for sale including delivery it can be purchased by choosing ‘Purchase Artwork’ below.
- Please note, original artwork appearing in a current exhibition is not normally released until the end of the exhibition.
To Enquire about this Artwork - Select Enquiry
- Please submit an 'Enquiry’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org: -
- To ascertain the cost of international delivery.
- To enquire about availability or the cost of delivery if not included in the indicated price.